At Middleton Cheney Primary Academy, we prepare children for life in modern Britain through the promotion of British Values:
- Rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of different faiths, cultures and beliefs
We demonstrate Democracy through:
- Having an elected School Council with representatives from each class who are voted for by their peers.
- Giving the chidren the opportunity to discuss and debate their views and ideas so that their voice is heard.
- Collecting pupil, staff and parent voice via questionnaires or discussions to ensure all stakeholders contribute to school decision making and ensure everyone’s voice is heard.
We demonstrate the Rule of Law through:
- Having agreed rules and high expectations of behaviour so that our school is a safe and happy place.
- We learn about laws, authorities and the importance of living in a democratic society.
- Learning about fairness and justice and individual rights and responsibilities.
We demonstrate Individual Liberty through:
- Having a strong anti-bullying culture.
- Providing opportunities to develop self-esteem and confidence as individuals across the curriculum.
- Encouraging children to take personal responsibility for their own actions and to make individual choices in a safe, supportive environment.
- Exploring our personal beliefs and how they fit in Modern British society
- Learning about Human Rights and responsibilities.
We demonstrate Mutual Respect & Tolerance through:
- Religious Education
- PSHE and RSE education
- Discussing and appreciating the differences between people in terms of their faith, beliefs and teachings
- Promoting our school values
- Learning about tolerance, understanding and respect for people of different religious and cultural backgrounds.
- Respecting the views and opinions of others even if these are different to our own.