A residential visit is organised for children in Year 4 where they stay away locally for two nights and take part in field study and outdoor activities. In Year 6 they stay away for four nights at an adventure centre where they learn to push their own boundaries, take risks and learn the value of supporting one another. Please see the separate pages under this banner for more details and photos.
Charging for School Activities
Most activities that the children take part in during school hours are free. A charge may, however, be made for:
- Travel, board and lodging and specialist instruction on residential visits
- Materials used in school where the parent wishes to keep the end product
- Activities organised by a third party
- Some activities outside school hours
- Tuition during school hours on certain types of instrument
For some activities parents are asked for a voluntary contribution towards the cost. This is usually for educational visits in connection with a part of the curriculum children are studying. We see such visits as an important part of the child's experiences. No child is treated differently from any other whether or not a contribution has been made, but it may sometimes be necessary to cancel an activity if there are insufficient funds. The full details of the governors' policy on charging and remission of fees is in the relevant policy document, which may be consulted at the school.